My favorite current author – Jodi Picoult – is widely known for her tremendous dedication to her research before writing. She spends hundreds of hours corresponding with, reading, and exploring the characters, ideas, and places she brings to life (often flawlessly) in her books. And if that’s not enough, Jodi list references for her resources at the end of each novel – how awesome is that?!
Some of the crucial resources I’m currently researching include:
- Mindfulness for Beginners – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself – Dr. Joe Dispenza
- The Healing Code – Dr. Alexander Lloyd
- Therapy Pets: The Animal-Hyman Healing Partnership by Jacqueline J. Crawford
- The Power of Wagging Tails by Dawn A. Marcus
- Pet Partners – Program & Website/Blog
- The Truth About Cancer – Ty Bollinger
- Chris Beat Cancer – Website
- When Breathe Becomes Air – Paul Kalanithi
- Noah’s Dad (Blog) – Noahsdad.com
- Babies with Down Syndrome: A New Parent’s Guide – Susan J. Skallerup
- Welcome to Holland (Poem) – Emily Perl Kingsley
- Insight to a Career in Pharmaceutical Sales – Anne Clayton
- The Autobiography of St. Teresa of Avila
*Any Jodi Picoult novel – my idol, my invisible mentor :)*
I am a huge fan of field research. I just complete for first Boston Marathon with the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge. I learned (and continue to learn) a lot about health, wellness, and fundraising for cancer! It was extraordinary experience, and I encourage everyone to cheer on the runners in Wave 3&4 on Marathon Monday one day!
If you want to help conquer cancer, please support my run by donating to her DFMC team page. Fundraising extends into September 2017. 100% of funds raised go directly to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute’s Claudia Adams Barr Program in Innovative Basic Cancer Research. The program enables scientists at the leading edge of discovery to achieve better cure rates and to enhance patients’ quality of life. Thank you!